
Ever since an early age, my parents have instilled in my siblings and I a deep connection with God and a strong faith. Faith is very important to my family. However, this does not simply mean that we attend Church every Sunday and are involved in our Parish. My parents have shown me love, trust, and forgiveness, and in many ways our family has been the most “intimate church”. My parents serve as great examples of how wonderful a marriage can be and have always adhered to their morals and values.
Based on the clips of Parenthood we viewed in class, I realize that there are pros/and cons of the changing structure of and composition of marriage and family. When families are broken apart by divorce or family issues, problems in other areas can ensue. Children can feel unwanted and ignored and veer off course socially and academically, and more anger and harsh feelings can arise. In addition, couples who have children together and are not married have a difficult time staying together (even if it is for the sake of their child.) This was evident with Crosby and his ex. However, some characters in the show have happy marriages and relationships and work together to resolve their issues and hardships.
I too would someday like to establish a “domestic church”, as my family has done for me. I believe that beginning your faith at home helps not only to strengthen family bonds but also helps to strengthen one’s relationship with God and help it form more deeply and fully.
No comments:
Post a Comment